There’s nothing worse than needing to tighten, remove, or replace an important screw in the field without having the proper tool — it’s a recipe for instant frustration. Although it may not be practical to carry around a fully-stocked tool bag at all times, a small pocket tool can cover many of the most common screw types. Many multi-tools (like the classic Leatherman) include basic Phillips and flat screwdrivers, and a few include replaceable bit drivers (like the Gerber Center Drive). Fix It Sticks took the pocket tool concept one step further with its Compact Ratcheting Multi-Tool.
As the name indicates, this multi-tool includes a reversible ratcheting mechanism, which is especially helpful if you’ll be using it frequently. A fixed bit driver can feel tedious if you’re dealing with long screws, but a ratchet is much faster.
The Ratcheting T-Way Wrench breaks down into two pieces, which can be stowed in the molded polymer bracket along with a Mini Pry Bar attachment and 15 other 1/4-inch bits. The main ratcheting socket features a spring-loaded magnetic collar to hold bits or the extension in place; both ends of the handle feature additional magnetic sockets.
Any standard 1/4-inch bit can be used with the Compact Ratcheting Multi-Tool, but here’s a list of the bits that are included:
- Hex: 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 5/64, 5/32, 3/32
- Torx: T6, T8, T10, T15, T20, T25
- Slotted: 5mm
- Phillips: #1, #2
MSRP for the Fix It Sticks Compact Ratcheting Multi-Tool is $80. For more information, go to FixItSticks.com.
- Pocket Preps: Small Pocket KnivesFor most day-to-day uses, small pocket knives can make a lot more sense than tromping around with a Bowie knife or Woodsman’s Pal.
- Lessons from a Soviet Union Collapse & Chernobyl SurvivorAfter living through the collapse of the Soviet Union and the fallout of Chernobyl, Greg Mihovich understands the value of preparedness.
- Blue-Green Alliance Pistol & Carbine Class ReviewBack in December 2019, I attended my very first formal pistol shooting course, taught by Blue-Green Alliance founders Gabe and Josh (both active Force Recon Marines). The lessons I learned […]
- Optimized: Glock 45 9mm Carry Pistol ProjectWhen we decided to hot-rod this Glock 45, our goal was a 9mm carry pistol that was clearly custom but remained tasteful.
- Fieldcraft Survival 72-Hour Ziploc Bag ChallengeFieldcraft Survival founder Mike Glover challenged me to survive for 72 hours in the desert with only the contents of a 1-quart Ziploc bag.
- Letter from the Editor: The Things We CarryIt could be argued that being savvy about what tools are available to you is a survival skill. This issue, we discuss gear for emergencies.
- Faraday Bags: Testing Commercial and DIY Wireless Signal BlockersFaraday bags can block various types of signals from communicating with electronic devices, including GPS, cellular, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
- Tailor-Made ARs: Choosing the Best AR-15 ModsIs there a combination of the best AR-15 mods, accessories, and technologies that can be condensed into a single do-all survival rifle? We set out to accomplish just that.
- Gear Up: New Survival Gear for February 2022We take a look at some of the latest survival gear from Grayl, Phantom Hill Design, RISE Armament, Paragon WLC, Strike Industries, and more.
The post New: Fix It Sticks Compact Ratcheting Multi-Tool appeared first on RECOIL OFFGRID.