When most of us think of air rifles, we think of the old pump-action and break-barrel models that lined sporting goods store shelves during our childhoods. Those airguns are fun for plinking, but shooting more than once in quick succession is a challenge, especially if a moving target is involved. Thankfully, airgun technology has come a long way in recent decades, and powerful semi-automatic models are widely available. Hatsan USA recently released a new airgun in this category known as the Hatsan Invader PCP (short for Pre-Charged Pneumatic). It features interchangeable air cylinders and magazines, as well as a muzzle velocity up to 1,100 feet per second with .22 caliber pellets.
The new Hatsan Invader is a semi-auto airgun available in either .22 or .25 caliber. It includes three detachable S/Roto magazines, each of which holds 12 or 10 rounds (.22 or .25, respectively). It features a modern-style all-weather stock with an integrated pistol grip, textured grip surfaces, and four Picatinny accessory rails. The stock also includes an adjustable cheekpiece, rubber buttpad, and integrated sling mounts. A detachable carry handle with adjustable iron sights is included, but this can be removed and replaced with a red dot sight or scope of your choice.
As the airgun is fired, a built-in pressure gauge displays the remaining pressure in the 255cc air cylinder. Hatsan says that when they’re filled to the maximum 200 BAR of pressure, each cylinder can be used for “up to 50 semi-automatic shots within 85% of max velocity.” Once a cylinder is depleted, it can be swapped for another pre-charged cylinder in seconds — no struggling with manual pumps or springs. Replacement cylinders are sold for $150 new or $100 refurbished. MSRP for the Hatsan Invader is $610. For more information, go to hatsanairgunsusa.com.
- New: Armasight Contractor Thermal OpticsThe Armasight Contractor series includes the Contractor 320 3-12x25mm and 6-24x50mm. Both thermal optics are designed and built in the USA.
- New: Short-Barreled Ruger Mark IV at CANCON 2022This short-barreled Mark IV 22/45 was whisper-quiet, even with ultra-compact .22 suppressors, making it a great tool for small game hunting.
- Review: Steambow AR-6 Stinger II CrossbowThe Steambow AR-6 Stinger II is a pistol-style crossbow with a quick rate of fire, an adjustable stock, and a host of accessories.
- Tailor-Made ARs Part 2: A Veteran’s General Purpose AR-15Even though I had assumed I knew enough, almost everything I had understood about a general purpose AR-15 had changed in a handful of years.
- Independence Training External Ballistics & Rifle Optics Class ReviewPrecision shooting requires a solid understanding of external ballistics — in other words, how a bullet moves after it leaves the gun.
- New: Leupold Patrol 6HD 1-6x24mm LPVOThe Patrol 6HD offers 1-6x magnification, High-Definition glass, two illuminated reticle options, and a motion sensor to save battery life.
- New: Midwest Industries Marlin 1895 Handguard & Extended Sight SystemThe Midwest Industries Extended Sight System for Marlin 1895 rifles adds an M-LOK handguard, full-length top rail, and ghost ring sights.
- Tailor-Made ARs: Choosing the Best AR-15 ModsIs there a combination of the best AR-15 mods, accessories, and technologies that can be condensed into a single do-all survival rifle? We set out to accomplish just that.
- First Look: Trailblazer Pivot 9mm RifleAt SHOT Show 2022, we ventured into the basement in search of hidden gems. If you’ve ever attended the show in Las Vegas, you’ll know that this level of the convention center is typically […]
The post New: Hatsan Invader PCP Semi-Auto Airgun appeared first on RECOIL OFFGRID.